Ukraine Unwilling to Accept New Gas Prices
Ukraine's acting Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk says his country does not accept the new prices for gas introduced by Russia.
This week, Russian energy giant Gazprom announced a major price hike for delivery of gas to Ukraine, up to USD 485 per 1000 cubic meters from the previous USD 268.
"Political pressure will not work, we do not accept the price of USD 500 (per 100 cubic meters). Ukraine is ready to continue to buy the natural gas at a price which was at the beginning of this year – USD 268. This is an acceptable and balanced market price. We are ready to make all payments for the previous gas supplies, and we are waiting for a reply from Gazprom", the Prime Minister said, quoted by Interfax agency.
Yatsenyuk vowed to use all necessary methods to resolve the situation and tackle the monopoly of Gazprom.
- » Greece Bailout Referendum: 'Yes' Campaign Picks Up Pace
- » Bulgaria’s President Begins One-Day Working Visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- » Result of July 5 Referendum in Greece Too Close to Call – Poll
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections
- » Ferry with 173 Capsizes in Central Philippines
- » Ukraine President Says No Special Status for Donbass in Constitution
A few months ago the IMF said as some of the conditions for giving the Ukraine loans the Ukranians would need to pay more for gas and electricity.
It is nice to see Russia helping the Ukraine in meeting these conditions by increasing the gas prices.
Ukrainians are so ungrateful for this assistance.
No need to bomb them... After their illegal coup they will soon starve and hence experience a much pleasant death as Famine V2.0 on their own while Crimea is flourishing as they made the right and correct decision of peacefully transferring themselves to Russia away from these Ukrainian monsters.
There still exists very glorious politicis, they're just rare! Power to the people!