Bulgarian Teenage Girl Missing in UK
British authorities are investigating the disappearance of a 15-year-old Bulgarian girl, Ana Simeonova.
The girl was last seen on March 25, in the city of Leicester, the BBC reports. Simeonova cannot speak English, and she had arrived to the UK just 5 weeks ago, from Poland.
Eight men, aged between 19 and 53, were arrested in connection with the case, but most have been released on bail. A 29-year-old man remains in custody.
Local authorities say they are not ruling out any versions so far.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora