Stanka Zlateva Wins Gold in European Wrestling
Bulgaria's Stanka Zlateva grabbed the gold medal in the women's 75kg category at the European Wrestling Championships in Vantaa, Finland.
In the final, she defeated Belarusian Vasilisa Marzalyuk by 4:2, Sportal.bg informs.
Zlateva becomes one of the most successful athletes in the sport, with 5 world titles and 6 European ones. Her latest triumph is even more remarkable, since she had been absent for nearly 2 years of competition, since the 2012 London Olympics.
The only title that remains missing in Zlateva's trophy case is the Olympic gold medal, and it is still unknown whether the 31-year-old will compete in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
- » Kylian Mbappe was Chosen as the Best Young footballer in Europe
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Eighth in the World
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament