Stanka Zlateva Wins Gold in European Wrestling
Bulgaria's Stanka Zlateva grabbed the gold medal in the women's 75kg category at the European Wrestling Championships in Vantaa, Finland.
In the final, she defeated Belarusian Vasilisa Marzalyuk by 4:2, Sportal.bg informs.
Zlateva becomes one of the most successful athletes in the sport, with 5 world titles and 6 European ones. Her latest triumph is even more remarkable, since she had been absent for nearly 2 years of competition, since the 2012 London Olympics.
The only title that remains missing in Zlateva's trophy case is the Olympic gold medal, and it is still unknown whether the 31-year-old will compete in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings