Stanka Zlateva Wins Gold in European Wrestling
Bulgaria's Stanka Zlateva grabbed the gold medal in the women's 75kg category at the European Wrestling Championships in Vantaa, Finland.
In the final, she defeated Belarusian Vasilisa Marzalyuk by 4:2, Sportal.bg informs.
Zlateva becomes one of the most successful athletes in the sport, with 5 world titles and 6 European ones. Her latest triumph is even more remarkable, since she had been absent for nearly 2 years of competition, since the 2012 London Olympics.
The only title that remains missing in Zlateva's trophy case is the Olympic gold medal, and it is still unknown whether the 31-year-old will compete in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again
- » Ludogorets, Basel Tied 1:1 in Champions League Group Game
- » World Chess Federation Confirms Bulgaria's Suspension