Stanka Zlateva Wins Gold in European Wrestling
Bulgaria's Stanka Zlateva grabbed the gold medal in the women's 75kg category at the European Wrestling Championships in Vantaa, Finland.
In the final, she defeated Belarusian Vasilisa Marzalyuk by 4:2, Sportal.bg informs.
Zlateva becomes one of the most successful athletes in the sport, with 5 world titles and 6 European ones. Her latest triumph is even more remarkable, since she had been absent for nearly 2 years of competition, since the 2012 London Olympics.
The only title that remains missing in Zlateva's trophy case is the Olympic gold medal, and it is still unknown whether the 31-year-old will compete in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis