Identity of Perpetrator of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing Revealed
The identity of the perpetrator of the 2012 Burgas bus bombing has been revealed, according to Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov.
Tsatsarov said that he could not disclose more details about the persons related to the terror act at the Sarafovo Airport which killed seven, including five Israeli tourists, the Bulgarian bus driver and the alleged suicide bomber.
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), explained that the investigation of the case had been transferred to Burgas, adding that it was too early to specify when the indictment would be ready.
He made clear that the trial had been supposed to reach the court stage in February or early March but the recent findings would take time to process.
Tsatsarov explained that a lot of effort went to processing data supplied by partnering investigative services and through mechanisms for international legal assistance.
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence