Lovech-Based Great Wall Car Plant to Make 5000th Car by end-2014
The Lovech-based plant of Chinese carmaker Great Wall will manufacture its 5000th car by end-2014, according to Andon Dimitrov, CEO of Litex Motors AD.
In an interview for the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA), Dimitrov says that the Lovech-based plant assembled around 2500 vehicles of the Chinese Great Wall brand in slightly over two years and the output was sold mostly on the domestic market.
The company expects to set foot on new markets in the years to come and will therefore need to boost its production capacity.
As of December 2013, the plant exports around 100 vehicles a month to Italy.
The company also exports cars to Macedonia and by end-2014 it is expected to set foot in Serbia, Romania, Hungary and Slovakia.
By 2016, the output of the plant is to be available on 16 European markets.
According to Ilia Terziev, CEO of Litex Motors, the company seeks to become an established brand on the domestic market.
Terziev reminds that the company provided 27 vehicles of the Great Wall H6 type to fire departments in the country in February 2014 and in end-March 2014 they provided 51 pick-up Steed 5 vehicles to the Ministry of Environment and Water.
The CEO of Litex Motors explains that the aim is to have the components of the vehicles manufactured and supplied by Bulgarian companies in 4-5 years' time.
Currently, the vehicles assembled in Lovech use Bulgarian car batteries, lubricants and liquids.
- » Turkish Stream Could Suffer Delays, Russia Energy Min Admits
- » Amendments to Bulgaria’s Bank Insolvency Act Pass 2nd Reading in Parliament
- » Bulgarian Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions Protest Imminent Power Price Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Govt OKs Draft Version of Operational Program Targeting SMEs
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Launches 5th Attempt to Award Concession for Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport
- » Bulgaria's Mobiltel Acquires Cable Operator Blizoo