Crimea Ready to Welcome 6M Tourists in Summer Season
Crimea can receive six million tourists, who will be offered a discount of up to 25% on hotel accommodation, Crimean Tourism Minister Yelena Yurchenko announced, Friday.
"Do not believe the reports alleging that we have tanks here and the vacationing is not safe. We guarantee quality tourism services," Yurchenko said at a touristic forum in Yekaterinburg, cited by Itar-Tass news agency.
Crimean authorities have announced the start of the tourism season on 1 May. A total of 1.5M Russians visited Crimea in 2013. Local hotel owners and tour operators have said they are ready to cut prices on tours by half, and the Russian government promises to ensure a twofold reduction of the price of air tickets to Crimea.
"Crimea offers 825 accommodation facilities for the price of USD 20 – USD 120 per day," Minister Yurchenko announced.
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper
- » IS Purportedly Beheads US Reporter James Foley
- » Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
- » Ukraine Refugee Convoy 'Hit' by Rockets, Mortars
- » US National Guard Intervenes to Quell Missouri Protests