Johnny Depp Confirms Engagement to Amber Heard
US movie star Johhny Depp confirmed his engagement to actress Amber Heard.
The 50-year-old "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor confirmed the news days after he was spotted wearing a woman's engagement ring on his left index hand, which set off speculation that he was to wed Heard.
Heard, a 27-year-old Texas native, co-starred with Depp in 2011's "The Rum Diary." The following year, Depp split from his long-time partner, the French actress Vanessa Paridis, with whom he has two children.
Depp, who is currently promoting his new sci-fi film "Transcendence," also called Heard "a wonderful girl. She's sharp as a tack," according to a "Today" transcript released on Thursday.
Depp's representatives did not respond to requests for comment.
- » Selfie of the Day: Kristalina Georgieva, Maxim Behar
- » New Royal Baby: Prince William, Kate Expecting Second Child
- » Bulgarian Christian Stoinev Reaches Semifinals of America's Got Talent
- » Scarlett Johansson Gave Birth To Baby Girl
- » Brangelina Got Married In France
- » BBC's 'Sherlock' Makes Off With 7 Emmys