Queen Elizabeth to Meet Pope Francis
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II is to meet Pope Francis at the Vatican.
The first meeting between Elizabeth and the Pope elected in 2013 (which is also the fifth time the Queen will meet a head of the Roman Catholic Church) is due to take place on Thursday.
Earlier that day, Elizabeth II had lunch with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano.
ABC news has described the forthcoming private audience as Elizabeth's "most informal visit [to Rome] ever", as it will be relaxed and protocol-light "by mutual request".
Apart from head of the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II is also the supreme guardian of the Church of England.
Thursday's visit marks the 100th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the UK and the Vatican.
- » Trump Meets Macron in Washington
- » Reuters: Russia Says Trump Invited Putin to U.S. During Phone Call
- » Erdogan and Merkel Discussed Syria in a Telephone Conversation
- » Presidents of Three Countries Will Meet in May
- » President Radev in Moscow in May, then Putin Comes to Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borisov Welcomed Denis Zvizdic in Sofia