German MEP Condemns Restructuring of Bulgaria's National Audit Office
A German MEP has leveled criticism at the recent amendments to Bulgaria's National Audit Office Act.
"Bulgaria is making itself weak through the changes to the National Audit Office Act," said Ingeborg Graessle, Coordinator of the EPP group in the Committee on Budgetary Control, at a press conference, as cited by money.bg.
She insisted that the task of a National Audit Office was to create trust.
Graessle suggested that the new management of the National Audit Office would diminish the confidence in the financial system in Bulgaria.
She pointed out that a National Audit Office which failed to win people's trust had better be disbanded.
Graessle condemned the move of the ruling majority in Bulgaria to approve conclusively the transformation of the National Audit Office into a collegiate body of 9 members elected by Parliament.
- » Two Bulgarians Get Jail Terms in Sweden for Running Begging Scheme
- » Bulgaria Urges EU to Help Normalize Traffic at Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 50 000 to EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Avramopoulos: Bulgaria's Border Guarding Efforts Are Key to European Stability
- » EU Migration Commissioner to Visit Bulgaria's Elhovo
- » No Decision for Proceedings against Greece over Border Blockade, EC Says