German MEP Condemns Restructuring of Bulgaria's National Audit Office
A German MEP has leveled criticism at the recent amendments to Bulgaria's National Audit Office Act.
"Bulgaria is making itself weak through the changes to the National Audit Office Act," said Ingeborg Graessle, Coordinator of the EPP group in the Committee on Budgetary Control, at a press conference, as cited by money.bg.
She insisted that the task of a National Audit Office was to create trust.
Graessle suggested that the new management of the National Audit Office would diminish the confidence in the financial system in Bulgaria.
She pointed out that a National Audit Office which failed to win people's trust had better be disbanded.
Graessle condemned the move of the ruling majority in Bulgaria to approve conclusively the transformation of the National Audit Office into a collegiate body of 9 members elected by Parliament.
- » Bulgaria Records Sizeable Y/Y Drop in Jobless Rate in February 2015
- » Bulgaria Had Lowest Hourly Labor Costs in EU in 2014, at EUR 3.8
- » EU Launches Proceeding on Agricultural Land Ownership Laws in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Fails to Address Shortcomings in Treatment of Prisoners, Conditions of Detention - CoE
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10 M EU Funding to Tackle Asylum, Migration, Integration
- » EU Commission VP Jyrki Katainen to Visit Bulgaria on April 16