German MEP Condemns Restructuring of Bulgaria's National Audit Office
A German MEP has leveled criticism at the recent amendments to Bulgaria's National Audit Office Act.
"Bulgaria is making itself weak through the changes to the National Audit Office Act," said Ingeborg Graessle, Coordinator of the EPP group in the Committee on Budgetary Control, at a press conference, as cited by money.bg.
She insisted that the task of a National Audit Office was to create trust.
Graessle suggested that the new management of the National Audit Office would diminish the confidence in the financial system in Bulgaria.
She pointed out that a National Audit Office which failed to win people's trust had better be disbanded.
Graessle condemned the move of the ruling majority in Bulgaria to approve conclusively the transformation of the National Audit Office into a collegiate body of 9 members elected by Parliament.
- » Bulgaria's Agriculture to Be Granted EUR 7.5 B EU in Next Years
- » New Operational Program in Bulgaria to Improve SME’s Access to External Financing
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan