German MEP Condemns Restructuring of Bulgaria's National Audit Office
A German MEP has leveled criticism at the recent amendments to Bulgaria's National Audit Office Act.
"Bulgaria is making itself weak through the changes to the National Audit Office Act," said Ingeborg Graessle, Coordinator of the EPP group in the Committee on Budgetary Control, at a press conference, as cited by money.bg.
She insisted that the task of a National Audit Office was to create trust.
Graessle suggested that the new management of the National Audit Office would diminish the confidence in the financial system in Bulgaria.
She pointed out that a National Audit Office which failed to win people's trust had better be disbanded.
Graessle condemned the move of the ruling majority in Bulgaria to approve conclusively the transformation of the National Audit Office into a collegiate body of 9 members elected by Parliament.
- » Buildings in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna to Light up in EU Flag Colours on Europe Day
- » Bulgaria Had Second Largest Drop in Unemployment in EU in March
- » Bulgaria, Romania 'Not Closing In on Rest of EU'
- » CoE Warns of ‘Dwindling Trust’ in Institutions
- » Bulgaria's Employment Rate Increased by 2 % Y/Y in 2015 - Eurostat
- » Bulgaria Allowed to Finish 3rd Metro Line, Sofia Ring Road with EU Money