Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Dismisses Speculation of Partitioning
- » World Bank Grants USD 1.2 B in Aid to Albania
- » PM Gruevski Safe After Macedonian Govt Plane Makes Emergency Landing
- » Tsipras Hopes to Agree Outlines of Fresh Aid Deal in Riga
- » IS Captures UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palmyra in Syria
- » Albania PM Threatens to Block Macedonia's NATO Accession