Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Over 10,000 African Migrants Fled to Italy This Week
- » Kosovo FM to Attend Belgrade Conference, Risks Being Arrested
- » Julian Assange to Be Interrogated by Swedish Prosecutors in London
- » UN Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Yemen as Special Adviser Resigns
- » Another Ukrainian Journalist Found Dead, Murder Suspected
- » Spain Investigates ex-IMF Chief on Fraud, Money Laundering Allegations