Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Britain Will Have to Raise Taxes, Cut Spending after Vote to Leave EU
- » Russia Confirms Readiness to Build South Stream in Case of Guaranteed EU Demand for Gas
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 222,000 in 2016 - IOM
- » Russia Ready to Supply Additional Gas to Europe across Black Sea, Energy Minister Says
- » EU Parliament Calls on UK Begin Withdrawal
- » Juncker Urges UK to Clarify Position on Brexit