Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Serbia Strikes USD 1.2 B Loan Deal With IMF
- » 1.3 % of Eastern Europeans Live In UK - Daily Mail
- » EBRD Acquires Stake in Bucharest Bourse
- » Serbia's EU Membership Tied to Sanctions on Russia - Commissioner
- » Atlantic Council Summit in Istanbul to Focus on Energy Issues
- » Kosovo Parties Agree on Gov't, Isa Mustafa 'to Take Over as PM'