Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU 'to Launch Proceedings' against Greece over Border Blockade
- » Greece Giving 'No Information' on Border Blockade Hours
- » Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
- » Russia Detains Suspected IS Cell Plotting Attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- » Ilinden Crossing on Bulgaria-Greece Border Expected to Reopen at 10 p.m. Monday
- » IOM: Migrant Arrivals to Europe Likely to Exceed One Million in 2016