Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Russia Bids Nemtsov Goodbye
- » Lavrov, Kerry Discuss Minsk Ceasefire, Nemtsov’s Murder
- » Los Angeles Police Shot Homeless Man
- » Iraq Launches Offensive Against IS to Recapture Tikrit
- » Estonia’s Ruling Reform Party Wins General Elections
- » Estonia Votes in General Election Overshadowed by Fears over Russia