Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Taiwan Plane Crash Leaves over 40 Dead
- » Donbass Rebels 'Down Two Ukrainian Su-25 Fighters'
- » Germany Questions Appropriateness of Russia's Hosting FIFA World Cup
- » Netherlands Mourns, Bodies of Malaysia Airlines Crash Victims Return
- » OMV Finds New Oil Reservoir at Romanian Black Sea Offshore Well
- » Ukrainian Rebels Give MH17 Black Boxes after UN Resolution