Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Clashes between Protesters and Police Raise Turmoil in Athens
- » Berlin Allegedly Would Save EUR 1 B Following Athens Crisis
- » Tsipras Calls on Greeks to Reject Proposals of Creditors in Sunday Referendum
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia to Discuss Launching Joint Tourism Packages
- » EUObserver: Bulgarian Lev Makes Inroads in Greece
- » Greece Bailout Referendum: 'Yes' Campaign Picks Up Pace