Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » The EC Offers Mandatory Fingerprints in ID Cards
- » Merkel, Macron Meet to Plot Euro Zone Reform Road Map
- » Americans Waste 150,000 Tons of Food per Day
- » Saudi Cinema Launch Ends Decades-old Ban, Public Screenings Start Friday