Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Germany's Top Prosecutor Sacked over Treason Probe Row
- » Four Confirmed Dead, One Missing after Macedonia Floods
- » US President Unveils Clean Power Plan to Beat Climate Change
- » 5 People Killed in Floods in Macedonia - Report
- » Romania’s Petrotel Lukoil Refinery Indicted for Money Laundering
- » Ukraine President Hints Putin Could Attack Bulgaria, Romania