Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » ECB Puts New EUR 20 Note into Circulation
- » Turkey President: No Escalation Wanted after Russian Plane Downing
- » Russia's Lavrov Calls Jet Downing 'Planned Provocation'
- » Putin: Turkish Leadership Purposefully Pursues Islamisation of Country
- » Second Pilot of Downed Russian Warplane Is Safe
- » Russian PM Blames Turkey for Worsening Russia-NATO Relations