Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Turkey's PKK Vows 'Halt to Action' If Not Attacked Anymore
- » Ankara Twin Blast Leaves at Least 30 Dead
- » Asylum Seekers Start Relocating from Italy to Sweden under EU Plan
- » Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
- » Moldova to Build EUR 83 M Gas Pipeline to Chisinau from Border with Romania
- » Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet Wins 2015 Nobel Peace Prize