Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » South Korean President Park Impeached by Parliament
- » Turkey 'Used Imams for Data on Gulenists in Bulgaria'
- » Turkey Formally Ratifies Turkish Stream Pipeline Deal with Russia
- » Italy's PM Steps Down after Referendum Defeat
- » Far-Right Candidate Concedes Defeat in Austria's Presidential Election
- » High Voting Activity in Italy's Referendum