Former Pakistani President Escapes Assassination Attempt
Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf has survived an assassination attempt after his convoy escaped a blast in the city of Islamabad, Thursday.
The politician who was returning from a hospital, where he had been treated for heart problems since January, was not hurt in the attack, Itar-Tass reports.
The police said the terrorist attack was targeted against Pakistan's former leader. The bomb was planted on the side of the road.
- » Over 10 000 Rescued from Drowning in Mediterranean Sea in Past Week
- » Bulgarian PM: Migrants Have Not Breached Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Deploys Army to Border with Greece After Two Migrant Groups Detained
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey
- » Western Experts Consider Irina Bokova Among Most Suitable Candidates for UN Chief