Repair Works Start at Bulgaria's Sofia Central Railway Station
The repair of the Central Railway Station in Sofia has been launched with an official ceremony Thursday, announced Bulgaria's National Railway Infrastructure Company.
The contractor under public procurement order for the design and construction is DZZD "Alliance GBS - Sofia Central Railway Station" and the construction supervision will be carried out by DZZD "Alliance TRT". The project is worth BGN 62M VAT excluded, according to the latest information published on the webiste of the National Railway Infrastructure Company (NRIC).
Among the project objectives is the complete architectural renovation of the entrance building in order to meet energy efficiency requirements. Construction works are planned to be completed by end-2015.
The repair of the Central Railway Station in Sofia is part of a project for the rehabilitation of railway stations including those in the cities of Burgas and Pazardzhik, financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
- » EU Energy Commissioner to Arrive on Two-Day Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Endorses Plans to Aid Indebted Local Governments
- » Bulgaria’s 2015 Arms Exports Top EUR 640 M, Up 50% Y/Y
- » Bulgaria’s Services Turnover Index Picks up 8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Four Foreign Retailers Face Cartel Probe in Bulgaria
- » Amnesty International: Bulgaria Is One of Egypt's Biggest Arms Suppliers