Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: We Need New Fighter Jets
Bulgaria urgently needs to modernize its air force, in the light of the situation in Ukraine, said Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin.
According to him, the country needs to reorganize its military air force and buy new type of fighter jets, in order to terminate its dependence on Russia for their technical maintenance.
“The speed of the process depends on us and our partners, who must demonstrate if they can provide new fighter jets,” Vigenin said in the morning talkshow of the public broadcaster BNT.
According to Vigenin, even if the Bulgarian air force ran out of flight resources, the country will not remain defenseless and will have the support of its military partners.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev urged for “more NATO” in the region.
“We are certain, that NATO changed Bulgaria and the whole region for the better,” Plevneliev said at the opening of the two-day international conference “The Future of NATO” in Sofia. “Considering the crisis in Ukraine, the Alliance open door policy gains a whole new dimension. We need more NATO in Bulgaria, the Balkans and the Black Sea region.”
- » Erdogan: Turkey is taking Steps for the Acquiring of Ballistic Missiles
- » Border Officers will Receive the Right to Conduct Investigations
- » The US Senate Approved a Huge Budget of USD 700 Billion for the Pentagon
- » Military Training near North Korea by China, Russia, the United States and South Korea
- » The Turkish Army Organizes Military Exercises to the Border with Iraq
- » Bulgaria and Macedonia to Discuss Cooperation in the Military Sphere
Optimistic makes some valid points when he demands that Bulgaria should immediately start bombing the NATO HQ in Brussels and annexe its neighboring countries in order to ensure the safety of all Bulgarians from the fascist Western aggressors who seem hell bent on subjugating Eastern Europe.
More NATO in the region is not good news.
Some of the missiles launched by NATO against Serbia in the 1990's fell on Sofia!!!
Get around the table with Russia and NATO and discuss peaceful options.
Because of Bulgarias history it is the ideal country to host discussions between Russia and NATO on issues such as the Ukraine.