Eurocontrol Suspends Flights To And Above Crimea
The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) has suspended all flights to and above Crimea, “until further notice”.
According to ITAR-TASS, the organization explained its decision by the fact that the airspace over Crimea, is no longer controlled by Ukrainian air traffic controllers.
“Eurocontrol is strictly following ICAO Convention on International Civil Aviation and will not recognize any unilateral declaration of air navigation service provision over any part of Ukrainian airspace other than from the Ukrainian authority,” the website quoted the Eurocontrol as saying in its statement.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years