Eurocontrol Suspends Flights To And Above Crimea
The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) has suspended all flights to and above Crimea, “until further notice”.
According to ITAR-TASS, the organization explained its decision by the fact that the airspace over Crimea, is no longer controlled by Ukrainian air traffic controllers.
“Eurocontrol is strictly following ICAO Convention on International Civil Aviation and will not recognize any unilateral declaration of air navigation service provision over any part of Ukrainian airspace other than from the Ukrainian authority,” the website quoted the Eurocontrol as saying in its statement.
- » Desecrated Bulgarian Memorial Plaque 'Was Illegal', Skopje Says
- » Macedonia's PM 'Promised to React' on Bulgarian Monument Desecration
- » Turkey Raises Concerns over US Arming of Syrian Kurds
- » EU Council Head Calls for Stricter External Border Control
- » EIB OKs EUR 7.3 B for Investment in Europe
- » New Quake Hits Romania's Vrancea