Eurocontrol Suspends Flights To And Above Crimea
The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) has suspended all flights to and above Crimea, “until further notice”.
According to ITAR-TASS, the organization explained its decision by the fact that the airspace over Crimea, is no longer controlled by Ukrainian air traffic controllers.
“Eurocontrol is strictly following ICAO Convention on International Civil Aviation and will not recognize any unilateral declaration of air navigation service provision over any part of Ukrainian airspace other than from the Ukrainian authority,” the website quoted the Eurocontrol as saying in its statement.
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine