Eurocontrol Suspends Flights To And Above Crimea
The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) has suspended all flights to and above Crimea, “until further notice”.
According to ITAR-TASS, the organization explained its decision by the fact that the airspace over Crimea, is no longer controlled by Ukrainian air traffic controllers.
“Eurocontrol is strictly following ICAO Convention on International Civil Aviation and will not recognize any unilateral declaration of air navigation service provision over any part of Ukrainian airspace other than from the Ukrainian authority,” the website quoted the Eurocontrol as saying in its statement.
- » SYRIZA's Alexis Tsipras Sets Up Ambitious Agenda in Post-Election Speech
- » Who Is Who: SYRIZA Leader Alexis Tsipras in Brief
- » Germany's Central Bank Urges Greece to Stick to Bailout Commitment
- » Greece's SYRIZA Poised for Historic Victory
- » SYRIZA Clear Election Winner, Exit Polls Suggest
- » How Is SYRIZA's Performance Affecting Greek, EU Politics?