Eurocontrol Suspends Flights To And Above Crimea
The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) has suspended all flights to and above Crimea, “until further notice”.
According to ITAR-TASS, the organization explained its decision by the fact that the airspace over Crimea, is no longer controlled by Ukrainian air traffic controllers.
“Eurocontrol is strictly following ICAO Convention on International Civil Aviation and will not recognize any unilateral declaration of air navigation service provision over any part of Ukrainian airspace other than from the Ukrainian authority,” the website quoted the Eurocontrol as saying in its statement.
- » Russia's Putin Vows Justice after Boris Nemtsov Killing
- » Russia Opposition Allowed to Hold Mourning March after Nemtsov Death
- » Nemtsov Murder: Investigators Suggest Leader Might be 'Sacrifical Victim'
- » Moscow Prohibits Nemtsov Tribute Rally
- » Russian Investigators: Nemtsov Killing Linked to Charlie Hebdo Comments
- » Russia Opposition to Move Rally to Moscow Center after Nemtsov Murder