Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Too Early to Speak of Russian Airstrikes on IS, President Putin Says
- » Hungary to Send Army to Borders to Cope with Migrant Influx
- » Putin Says Assad Ready to Hold Early Elections
- » Germany, France Agree on Need for Mandatory Quotas to Distribute Migrants in EU
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis