Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Japanese PM Dissolves Parliament Ahead of Early Elections
- » Ukraine's Pro-Western Parties Sign Coalition Agreement
- » Putin Says Russia Should Prevent 'Colour Revolutions'
- » Germans Divided over Sanctions on Russia - ARD Survey
- » Shooter Wounds Three at Florida State University
- » Serbia Strikes USD 1.2 B Loan Deal With IMF