Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Jay Ogilvy: “No Winner-Take-All Solution" Likely to Succeed in Ukraine
- » 108 Dead Pelicans Found in Romanian Section of Danube Delta
- » Two Armed Men Raid Office of Turkey's Ruling Party in Istanbul
- » Member States Divided as EU Abolishes Milk Quotas
- » UK Ambassador to Macedonia Calls for Interim Gov't
- » Greece, Lenders Fail to Reach Preliminary Budget Deal