Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Video Purports to Show Beheading of US Journalist Steven Sotloff
- » EU to Decide on New Russia Sanctions by Friday, Mogherini Says
- » UNHCR: More Ukrainians Flee Homes to Escape Fighting
- » Estonia's President Wants Permanent NATO Bases in Country
- » Russia to Update Military Doctrine in View of ‘New Military Dangers’
- » Slovakia Starts Shipping Gas to Ukraine via Vojany-Uzhgorod Pipeline