Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Recep Erdogan Inaugurated As Turkey's President
- » Russia Denies Having Sent Troops To Ukraine
- » Petro Poroshenko: Russia Invades Ukraine
- » Rebels Said to Have Opened New Front in Ukraine with Russian Help
- » Davutoglu Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling AK Party
- » Poroshenko-Putin Talks Fail to Yield Ceasefire Deal for East Ukraine