Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
- » Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry Slams New EU Sanctions
- » EU Imposes Sanctions on Russian Intelligence Chiefs
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With