Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » G7 Summit Ends Deadlocked on Climate Change
- » Greece Returns 10 Migrants to Turkey Under EU Deal
- » At Least 14 Schoolchildren Injured as Bus Overturns in Northern Greece
- » Manchester attack: Police Fear Salman Abedi Could have Made a Second Bomb
- » Armed Police Patrol British Trains for First Time Due to Manchester Attack
- » Trump Meets EU Chiefs in Brussels