Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU
- » First Albanian PM Visit to Serbia in 70 Years Postponed
- » Cooling of US-Russia Relations to Last Long Time - Russian FM
- » Turkey to Allow Iraqi Kurdish Fighters to Enter Syria To Defend Kobane
- » Chinese Corporation to Build Romanian Nuclear Reactors
- » US Drops Arms to Kurds Fighting IS Despite Turkish Warnings