Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » Ukrainian Rebels Give MH17 Black Boxes after UN Resolution
- » Gaza Death Toll Surpasses 500, UN Calls for Truce
- » Russia 'to Back' UNSC Resolution on Crashed MH17 Plane
- » Ukraine Rebels Retain Control of Crash Victims' Bodies, Black Boxes
- » Ukraine to Demand Donetsk, Luhansk Rebels be Declared Terrorists
- » Russia Publishes List of 12 US Citizens Banned from Entering Country