Lufthansa Strike Could Affect 4,000 Flights
Around 900 flights were cancelled during the first day of German airline Lufthansa's strike.
The strike, which will last 3 days, could affect another 3,000 flights and 425,000 passengers, the BBC reports.
Lufthansa is re-booking passengers to other airlines or train services in order to ease the disruption.
Negotiations on a new deal between the airline and its pilots have been the reason behind this strike, with both sides failing to reach an agreement.
Among the cancelled flights are 28 to and from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- » World Commemorates Victims of Holocaust, Liberation of Auschwitz
- » Ukraine Declares State of Emergency in Donbass
- » S&P Downgrades Russia's Credit Rating to `Junk`
- » IMF Ready to Continue Support for Greece
- » Greek Fighter-Jet Crash in Spain Kills 10
- » NATO Urges Russia to Stop Supporting Separatists in Eastern Ukraine