Bulgaria, China to Cooperate in Crime Prevention
Bulgaria will cooperate with China in the prevention of and fight against crime, after a draft agreement between the two countries' governments has been approved, Wednesday.
Due to the need to update the legal framework of cooperation with China in the fight against crime, Bulgaria's Ministry of Interior has prepared a draft agreement in line with the country's EU membership and its international obligations, BGNES reports.
The draft provides cooperation in the area of information exchange related to the fight against transnational organized crime, operational information of mutual interest, exchange of legislative acts, and information on techniques and technical means used in law enforcement operations.
The draft agreement includes provisions regulating the protection of personal data. The exchange of classified information requires a separate agreement between the two sides.
- » Supreme Administrative Court: 'Slavi Trifonov’s Referendum to be Optional'
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Bulgaria and Croatia Can Play Active Role in Achieving Stability
- » Greek Strike Diverts Routes of Two Trains Moving Between Sofia and Thessaloniki
- » Sotir Tsatsarov to Discuss in Russia Measures Against Terrorist Threats
- » Bulgarian President to Convene National Security Council Today
- » Minister Temenuzhka Petkova and Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Anatoliy Makarov Discuss Joint Cooperation in Energy