Bulgaria, China to Cooperate in Crime Prevention
Bulgaria will cooperate with China in the prevention of and fight against crime, after a draft agreement between the two countries' governments has been approved, Wednesday.
Due to the need to update the legal framework of cooperation with China in the fight against crime, Bulgaria's Ministry of Interior has prepared a draft agreement in line with the country's EU membership and its international obligations, BGNES reports.
The draft provides cooperation in the area of information exchange related to the fight against transnational organized crime, operational information of mutual interest, exchange of legislative acts, and information on techniques and technical means used in law enforcement operations.
The draft agreement includes provisions regulating the protection of personal data. The exchange of classified information requires a separate agreement between the two sides.
- » Finance Ministry Holding Talks on EUR 800 M Loan by EIB
- » Turkey's Chief Prosecutor Meets Bulgarian Justice Minister
- » Bulgarian Party Withdraws 2 Candidates over Affiliation to Fmr State Security
- » MEPs to Hear Kristalina Georgieva on October 2
- » Bulgaria Calls on Russia to Free Estonian Official
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day