Bulgaria, China to Cooperate in Crime Prevention
Bulgaria will cooperate with China in the prevention of and fight against crime, after a draft agreement between the two countries' governments has been approved, Wednesday.
Due to the need to update the legal framework of cooperation with China in the fight against crime, Bulgaria's Ministry of Interior has prepared a draft agreement in line with the country's EU membership and its international obligations, BGNES reports.
The draft provides cooperation in the area of information exchange related to the fight against transnational organized crime, operational information of mutual interest, exchange of legislative acts, and information on techniques and technical means used in law enforcement operations.
The draft agreement includes provisions regulating the protection of personal data. The exchange of classified information requires a separate agreement between the two sides.
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls for Cooperation on the Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosts International Naval Exercise Breeze 2015
- » Bulgaria to Complete Fence at Border with Turkey by End of Year
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister