Bulgaria, China to Cooperate in Crime Prevention
Bulgaria will cooperate with China in the prevention of and fight against crime, after a draft agreement between the two countries' governments has been approved, Wednesday.
Due to the need to update the legal framework of cooperation with China in the fight against crime, Bulgaria's Ministry of Interior has prepared a draft agreement in line with the country's EU membership and its international obligations, BGNES reports.
The draft provides cooperation in the area of information exchange related to the fight against transnational organized crime, operational information of mutual interest, exchange of legislative acts, and information on techniques and technical means used in law enforcement operations.
The draft agreement includes provisions regulating the protection of personal data. The exchange of classified information requires a separate agreement between the two sides.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Presidential Candidate Hits Campaign Trail
- » Bulgaria Discussing Balkans Border Security with Germany
- » USAF to Deploy F-15s in Joint Air Policing Mission with Bulgaria
- » Borisov: Each EU Country Finds Its Own Way in the Migrant Crisis
- » Bulgarian and Turkish PMs to meet in Istanbul
- » Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief