Bulgaria, China to Cooperate in Crime Prevention
Bulgaria will cooperate with China in the prevention of and fight against crime, after a draft agreement between the two countries' governments has been approved, Wednesday.
Due to the need to update the legal framework of cooperation with China in the fight against crime, Bulgaria's Ministry of Interior has prepared a draft agreement in line with the country's EU membership and its international obligations, BGNES reports.
The draft provides cooperation in the area of information exchange related to the fight against transnational organized crime, operational information of mutual interest, exchange of legislative acts, and information on techniques and technical means used in law enforcement operations.
The draft agreement includes provisions regulating the protection of personal data. The exchange of classified information requires a separate agreement between the two sides.
- » Bulgaria's New MEPs to Stress Refugee Issues, Eurozone Accession
- » Bulgaria Issues Libya Travel Warning
- » Bulgaria's President to Ask DPS to Form New Cabinet 'Wednesday'
- » Bulgaria's DPS 'Might Keep Gov't Mandate' - Socialist Group Chair
- » Mikov’s Election to Cement Status Quo at BSP - Analysts
- » Former President's Party 'Ready for Talks' with BSP