Bulgaria's Customs Agency Builds New Anti-Corruption Structure
Bulgaria's Customs Agency formed a new directorate for corruption prevention and counteraction, Wednesday.
The Professional Standards and Control structure is the result of changes in the Customs Agency regulations adopted by the government in mid-March, Dnevnik reports.
The Customs office has reorganized its investigation and intelligence department, comprising of five new departments - intelligence and investigation of customs and currency violations, excise duty violations, drugs, weapons and precursors, administrative penalties department, as well as investigative authorities and coordination and mobile control.
A total of 21 centralized customs mobile groups have been founded under the Central Customs Directorate operational center.
Activities related to statistical analysis and forecasts have also been reorganized, and are already carried out at regional level, according to information published on the Customs Agency website.
- » The Five-star Marriott will be the Tallest Hotel in Sofia
- » Vote of no Confidence in Bulgarian Government Over Corruption Law to be Presented Today
- » First LGBTI Association was Found at Sofia University
- » Freedom House: Bulgaria is a Free Country, but the Media - Not Quite
- » A Renovated Apartment Building in Bourgas is Leaking
- » Sofia Municipality Launches More Buses to Vitosha