Bulgaria's Customs Agency Builds New Anti-Corruption Structure
Bulgaria's Customs Agency formed a new directorate for corruption prevention and counteraction, Wednesday.
The Professional Standards and Control structure is the result of changes in the Customs Agency regulations adopted by the government in mid-March, Dnevnik reports.
The Customs office has reorganized its investigation and intelligence department, comprising of five new departments - intelligence and investigation of customs and currency violations, excise duty violations, drugs, weapons and precursors, administrative penalties department, as well as investigative authorities and coordination and mobile control.
A total of 21 centralized customs mobile groups have been founded under the Central Customs Directorate operational center.
Activities related to statistical analysis and forecasts have also been reorganized, and are already carried out at regional level, according to information published on the Customs Agency website.
- » Director of Bulgaria's Air Traffic Services Authority Replaced Overnight
- » Bulgaria's Govt to Vote on Allocating BGN 26.5 M to Flood-Hit Areas
- » Meeting with Turkey's Erdogan 'Perfectly Natural' - DPS Leader
- » Director of Southwestern Unit of Bulgaria's Customs Agency Dismissed - Report
- » Repairs of Flood-Damaged Rail Infrastructure in Bulgaria to Cost BGN 3.2M
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Replaces 7 District Governors