FIFA Slams Barcelona with Transfer Ban
One of the most successful football clubs in the world, Barcelona, has been banned from making transfers in the next 14 months.
Football's world governing body FIFA found the Spanish club guilty of breaching international transfer regulations and registration of minor players.
"With regard to the case in question, FC Barcelona has been found to be in breach of art. 19 of the Regulations in the case of ten minor players and to have committed several other concurrent infringements in the context of other players", FIFA's official statement revealed.
The violations concern transfers and registration of non-Spanish players under the age of 18 in the club.
The 22-time Spanish and 4-time European champions will be banned from buying or selling players during this summer's transfer window, as well as the January 2015 period. The club has also been fined CHF 450,000 (EUR 369,000).
The Spanish Football Federation has also been fined, with CHF 500,000 (EUR 410,000).
Earlier this year, Barcelona was accused of tax evasion in the purchase of Brazilian star Neymar, which led to the resignation of President Sandro Rosell.
- » Italy Against Sweden in FIFA World Cup Play-off
- » IBF Confirmed: Pulev Remains an Official Contender for the World Titles
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna
- » Official: There will be No Match Between Pulev and Joshua
- » Nadal Proved to be too Strong for Dimitrov