Posthumous Michael Jackson Album Out in May
Eight previously unheard Michael Jackson songs will be released on a new album in May, Epic Records announced Monday.
The late pop icon's music has been "contemporized" by several producers who Epic Chairman L.A. Reid believes have the "gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson's work," the announcement said.
Fans can preorder the new album, titled "Xscape," on iTunes, but it will be in stores around the world on May 13, the company said.
Jackson died at age 50 on June 25, 2009, while preparing for his "This Is It" comeback tour.
Timbaland is the lead producer, with contributions from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon and Jackson estate executor John McClain, the release said.
Sony's Columbia Epic Records - Jackson's record label for three decades - signed a long-term deal with Jackson's estate to posthumously release music from the large archives of his recordings.
- » Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018
- » Salma Hayek Accuses Harvey Weinstein of Sexual Harassment
- » Bill Gates Shares His 5 Favorite Books For 2017
- » How Much Money Earns Every Year Maraia Kerry from Her Song All I Want For Christmans Is You
- » 10 Celebs Who Were Banned in China
- » Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to wed at Windsor Castle in May