2 T Of Spoiled Meat Intercepted at BG-Romanian Border
Romanian border police intercepted a Bulgarian truck with 2 tons of spoiled chicken meat, reports Mediafax.
The driver is also Bulgarian. He refused to provide any documents for origin and ownership of the cargo.
The meat, packed in 200 boxes, was supposed to be delivered to two companies in Oltenica and Bucharest.
The Romanian sanitary inspection established that the meat was not fit for consumption and ordered its confiscation and destruction.
The driver was fined the equivalent of EUR 225.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1500-Year-Old Cross in Sandanski
- » Car Hits Bulgarian Schoolgirl at Pedestrian Crossing in Italy
- » Bulgaria’s Tarnovo Constitution Exhibited for 1st Time at President’s Office in Sofia
- » Massive Queues Reported at Bulgarian-Turkish Border Crossing Points
- » Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
- » Subway Section to Sofia Airport to be Launched in early April
I once worked in a meat processing factory, and occasionally we would come across a box of chicken that had spoiled and it didn't half smell bad.
I pity the poor workers who will have to get rid of 200 boxes, I'm sure some of them will feel like vomiting from the smell.