2 T Of Spoiled Meat Intercepted at BG-Romanian Border
Romanian border police intercepted a Bulgarian truck with 2 tons of spoiled chicken meat, reports Mediafax.
The driver is also Bulgarian. He refused to provide any documents for origin and ownership of the cargo.
The meat, packed in 200 boxes, was supposed to be delivered to two companies in Oltenica and Bucharest.
The Romanian sanitary inspection established that the meat was not fit for consumption and ordered its confiscation and destruction.
The driver was fined the equivalent of EUR 225.
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgaria's TV7 Will Not Stop Broadcasting
- » Torrential Rains and Hail Expected in Bulgaria
- » Crew Members of Seized Vessel Maersk Tigris Now Allegedly Released
- » 'Bulgaria is Super Cool' Campaign Provokes Sofia Citizens
- » Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
I once worked in a meat processing factory, and occasionally we would come across a box of chicken that had spoiled and it didn't half smell bad.
I pity the poor workers who will have to get rid of 200 boxes, I'm sure some of them will feel like vomiting from the smell.