Bulgaria Loses 65% of Water in Supply Networks
Currently, 65% of the water in Bulgaria's water supply networks is lost, according to Minister of Regional Development Desislava Terzieva.
There are more than 75,000 water pipes on the territory of the country, Terzieva said at the presentation of the management and development of the water sector strategy, BNGES reports.
"At the end of the 10-year period provided in the development and management of the water sector strategy, we must have 100% compliance with the EU Wastewater Directives," Terzieva said.
Investments provided by the World Bank for the water sector reform amount to about BGN 12.5B and the Ministry goal is to meet 100% the EU requirements in 2014.
"A total of BGN 5B is needed for the water supply and BGN 7B for wastewater treatment, still the networks are in a terrible condition. Unless we start the reform today, we cannot restore it. Moreover, we will not be able to absorb funds under the EU operational programs," Terzieva stressed.
The Regional Development Minister noted that 30% of the funds can be granted under EU operational programs, while another part will come from the state budget in 2016.
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » PayPal Acquires a European Company for $ 2.2 Billion
- » Summer, Sea ... 44 Beaches - Accessible to People with Disabilities
- » Illegal Buildings Appeared on a Beach Near Varna
- » Jeff Bezos Banned PowerPoint in Meetings
- » Peika.bg donates books in the campaign "READ and EXPLORE Bulgaria"