20% Increase In Charter Passengers At Plovdiv Airport
Plovdiv airport saw an 20% increase in number of passengers in the winter charter period, said director Ivan Karnabitov.
Between December 27 and end of March through the airport passed 21 415 passengers. They used chartered flights to and from Moscow and Belfast and came for thee ski seasons in Pamporovo, Bansko and Borovets. Ninety percent of the passengers were Russians.
According to Karnabitov the result is not very satisfying, as the base for growth was very low.
He said the airport was cooperating with the SPA tourism association, as some of Bulgaria's best mineral water resorts are not far from Plovdiv. According to Karnabitov, the airport was negotiating with the Bursa municipality for the opening of a route to the Turkish city, which has a considerable number of Bulgarian immigrants.
- » World Film Stars Appear in New Commercial Promoting Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Svoge: a Starting Point to Explore Beautiful Iskar Gorge
- » Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo Ranks as Third Most Affordable Tourist Destination in World
- » Trips Abroad by Bulgarians Rise 11% in August, Foreign Visitors Up 2.3%
- » Bulgaria Working on Joint 'Balkan' Tourism Product
- » Bulgaria's Lakatnik - a Top Choice to Enjoy Stunning Natural Sceneries