20% Increase In Charter Passengers At Plovdiv Airport
Plovdiv airport saw an 20% increase in number of passengers in the winter charter period, said director Ivan Karnabitov.
Between December 27 and end of March through the airport passed 21 415 passengers. They used chartered flights to and from Moscow and Belfast and came for thee ski seasons in Pamporovo, Bansko and Borovets. Ninety percent of the passengers were Russians.
According to Karnabitov the result is not very satisfying, as the base for growth was very low.
He said the airport was cooperating with the SPA tourism association, as some of Bulgaria's best mineral water resorts are not far from Plovdiv. According to Karnabitov, the airport was negotiating with the Bursa municipality for the opening of a route to the Turkish city, which has a considerable number of Bulgarian immigrants.
- » Bulgaria Leads in Early Bookings for Summer 2016 at TUI Russia
- » Two Bulgarian Resorts Rank Among Ten Cheapest Destinations for Russian Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Ranks Among 30 Most Beautiful Towns in Europe
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 15.4 % Y/Y in December 2015
- » German Tourism Weekly: 'Smells Like Bulgarian Summer'
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv Vying for Title of European Best Destination 2016