Bulgaria at the Forefront In Mortality Rates - CIA
Bulgaria is ranked sixth in the world in terms of mortality rates in CIA's World Factbook for March 2014, published on the website of the agency.
According to the latest CIA data, death rates in Bulgaria are 14.3 deaths per 1,000 people. The leader in the negative rating is South Africa with death rate index of 17.49 per 1,000, followed by Ukraine, Lesotho, Chad and Guinea Bissau. Immediately after Bulgaria come Afghanistan, Central Africa, Somalia and others.
Bulgaria is placed 229th in the world in terms of deficit of births over deaths - this indicator is 0.83%. The average annual birth rate in the country is 8.92 births/1,000 population which puts Bulgaria at 210 position.
The country's average life expectancy at birth is 74.3 years, of which male life expectancy is 70.7 years, and female -78.1 years.
Bulgaria occupies the 108th place in the world based on education expenditures which amount to 4.1 % of GDP (the data is for 2010).
Youth unemployment rates rank Bulgaria 32nd, as the percentage of unemployed in the country among 15-24-year-olds is 28.1%.
The highest youth unemployment rates are in Bosnia and Herzegovina - about 63%, Kosovo and Greece - 55 %, Macedonia and Spain – 53%.
According to World Factbook data for 2010, Bulgaria ranks 73rd in terms of health expenditures which amount to 7.6% of the country's GDP.
The annual percentage increase in industrial production in Bulgaria was 1% in 2013.
In terms of labor force, Bulgaria occupies the 113th position with 2.551 million workers in 2013.
- » 20 People Suffered from Phenol Leak at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic
- » A Woman Smashed Police Patrols Vehicles and Wounded Policemen in Dimitrovgrad
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon