Bulgaria to Meet Canada in Football Friendly
Bulgaria's national football team will play Canada in a friendly match on May 23.
The two football federations agreed to stage the match in the Austrian town of Ritzing, approximately 80km from the capital Vienna.
Bulgaria and Canada have never met before in an official match. The North Americans are currently in a dismal 14-game winless streak, with their last victory dating back to 2012, against Cuba.
Meanwhile, coach Lyuboslav Penev's side began 2014 with a 2:1 home win over Belarus in a friendly in Sofia.
In September, Bulgaria will begin its qualifying campaign for the 2016 European Championship, in a group with Italy, Norway, Croatia, Azerbaijan, and Malta.
- » Ludogorets, PSG Tied 1:1 in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face 'Nightmare' Schwartzman in Chengdu
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again