Bulgaria to Become Major Gas producer in Europe: Ex-PM
Former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has predicted that Bulgaria will become a major producer of gas in Europe.
Borisov, leader of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), told journalists Wednesday that the Khan Asparuh site was a very big oil and gas field, stressing that Bulgaria's stance had to be defended, allowing the country to receive more money from fees and to transit natural gas.
Stressing that the GERB party made it a priority to come up with clear stances on different matters, he added that the formation insisted on the application of the EU's Third Energy Package for the South Stream gas pipeline so as to prevent a scenario under which it would only carry Russian gas.
"It is the same as saying that only Bulgarian and Turkish TIR trucks can use a certain highway. Why not allow Greek or Macedonian or other vehicles too," Borisov asked.
He accused Bulgaria's current socialist-led government of changing its positions too often, saying one thing on home ground and declaring something different in Brussels.
- » Americans will Build a New Electric Plant in Kosovo
- » Russian Gas Supplies to Italy have Resumed
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Bulgargaz Wants to Raise the Gas Price by 3% from January
- » EUR 60 million is the Estimated Value of the Pipeline for the New Gas Connection with Greece
- » Improving Energy Efficiency is One of the Main Goals of Bulgaria