Bulgaria to Become Major Gas producer in Europe: Ex-PM
Former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has predicted that Bulgaria will become a major producer of gas in Europe.
Borisov, leader of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), told journalists Wednesday that the Khan Asparuh site was a very big oil and gas field, stressing that Bulgaria's stance had to be defended, allowing the country to receive more money from fees and to transit natural gas.
Stressing that the GERB party made it a priority to come up with clear stances on different matters, he added that the formation insisted on the application of the EU's Third Energy Package for the South Stream gas pipeline so as to prevent a scenario under which it would only carry Russian gas.
"It is the same as saying that only Bulgarian and Turkish TIR trucks can use a certain highway. Why not allow Greek or Macedonian or other vehicles too," Borisov asked.
He accused Bulgaria's current socialist-led government of changing its positions too often, saying one thing on home ground and declaring something different in Brussels.
- » Kozloduy NPP Completes Planned Annual Overhaul of Unit 6
- » Kozloduy NPP Transferred BGN 7 M to Westinghouse under Upgrade Program for Units 5, 6
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions, Decry Lobby Groups in Energy Board
- » Varna TPS, CEZ Employees to Hold Protest Rally in Sofia
- » TANAP Pipeline Agreement Signed in Turkey
- » EU Recommends That Bulgaria Deregulates Electricity Prices