Bulgaria to Become Major Gas producer in Europe: Ex-PM
Former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has predicted that Bulgaria will become a major producer of gas in Europe.
Borisov, leader of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), told journalists Wednesday that the Khan Asparuh site was a very big oil and gas field, stressing that Bulgaria's stance had to be defended, allowing the country to receive more money from fees and to transit natural gas.
Stressing that the GERB party made it a priority to come up with clear stances on different matters, he added that the formation insisted on the application of the EU's Third Energy Package for the South Stream gas pipeline so as to prevent a scenario under which it would only carry Russian gas.
"It is the same as saying that only Bulgarian and Turkish TIR trucks can use a certain highway. Why not allow Greek or Macedonian or other vehicles too," Borisov asked.
He accused Bulgaria's current socialist-led government of changing its positions too often, saying one thing on home ground and declaring something different in Brussels.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe