Bulgaria's Doctors to Join Protests on EU Doctors Action Day
Bulgarian doctors will stage a protest on May 15 against financial problems in the system, as part of the Action Day of European Doctors initiative.
The decision to go out on protest was made at the National Council of the Bulgarian Medical Association (BMA) Tuesday, Trud Daily announced.
Doctors will be supported by nurses, obstetricians, pharmacists and trade unions in their stance under the motto: "Let's stop them. Let's protect the right to health of all European citizens. Stop corruption. Stop the repression on doctors."
BMA will insist on a meeting with Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and the Finance Minister regarding the emerging National health fund deficit of over BGN 250M.
According to BMA chair Tsvetan Raychinov, the only solution is an update of the National health
- » World Bank Said to Be Urging Bulgaria to Cut VAT on Drugs
- » Bathing Ban at Central Beach of Bulgaria's Lozenets Remains in Force
- » Health Authorities Temporarily Ban Bathing on Central Beach in Bulgaria's Lozenets
- » Bulgaria Had High Rates of Potentially Amenable Deaths in 2012 - Eurostat
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Revokes License of Private Hospital
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Hospitals Will Remain On No-Privatization List