Tourists in Bulgaria to Reach 9.5M by 2020 – Economy Minister
By 2020, the number of tourists could grow to 9.5 million, which is more than 2 million more than now, according to Bulgaria's Deputy Minister of Economy Branimir Botev.
"All data suggest that by 2020 we can expect more than 9.5 million tourists compared to the recent numbers of 7 million foreign tourists," Botev told Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, Bulgaria sees a dynamical growth in the tourism sector which leads to an increased demand of work force. The hotels on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast will need at least 100 thousand experienced workers for the summer season.
"There are many universities in the country that provide quality training in International Tourism to Bulgarian students and foreigners from nearly 17 countries," Botev claimed.
He stressed that the state does all that is necessary and specified that tourism in Bulgaria is 100% private.
"Bulgaria has more than 45 thousand students who study abroad. Our aim is to get the majority of them to come back and apply their knowledge in Bulgaria," Botev added.
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
- » Sofia Ranks as Cheapest European Destination
- » Bulgaria's National Statistics Clash with Ex-Govt Figures on Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists