Tourists in Bulgaria to Reach 9.5M by 2020 – Economy Minister
By 2020, the number of tourists could grow to 9.5 million, which is more than 2 million more than now, according to Bulgaria's Deputy Minister of Economy Branimir Botev.
"All data suggest that by 2020 we can expect more than 9.5 million tourists compared to the recent numbers of 7 million foreign tourists," Botev told Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, Bulgaria sees a dynamical growth in the tourism sector which leads to an increased demand of work force. The hotels on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast will need at least 100 thousand experienced workers for the summer season.
"There are many universities in the country that provide quality training in International Tourism to Bulgarian students and foreigners from nearly 17 countries," Botev claimed.
He stressed that the state does all that is necessary and specified that tourism in Bulgaria is 100% private.
"Bulgaria has more than 45 thousand students who study abroad. Our aim is to get the majority of them to come back and apply their knowledge in Bulgaria," Botev added.
- » Regional Health Inspection: Sea Water on all Beaches in Varna is Clean
- » Number of Trips of Bulgarian Residents Up to 15.7% in May 2017 Compared to May 2016
- » The Map of Sand Dunes along Bulgarian Black Sea Coast to be Updated
- » Clouds to Develop in Afternoon, with Rains in Some Areas
- » Top 10 Places to Visit in Plovdiv
- » Wizz Air to Launch 2 New Flights from Sofia in 2018