Car Of Bulgarian TV Journalist Set On Fire Again
The car of the journalist from Bulgaria's bTV Genka Shikerova was set on fire again last night, said the TV channel.
It is completely burned down. Police suspects arson.
Shikerova's car was previously set on fire last September. The police never caught the perpetrator.
This time the fire started around midnight. According to TV reports, Shikerova's neighbors saw the flames and called the fire brigade. The fire engines arrived within five minutes, neighbors also tried to help, but the car burned down completely.
“I don't know why this happened,” Shikerova told Nova TV. “It has nothing to do with my private life, of this I am certain.” The journalist said she did not receive any threats, but also suspects arson.
According to a fire inspector, the car was profusely doused in inflammable liquid and burned down completely within minutes.
The head of the capital directorate of Interior Ministry Ivailo Spiridonov told bTV that most likely the arson was connected to Shikerova's journalistic work.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna