Darth Vader Confident of Victory in Ukraine's Presidential Elections
Star Wars icon Darth Vader does not have the slightest doubt that he will win Ukraine's May 25 Presidential elections.
Vader earlier announced his bid on behalf of the Internet Party of Ukraine, which already has 280 000 members and has been joined by 72 000 people just over the past 24 hours, Ukrainian news agency UNIAN has reported.
Official intentions of the candidate were announced on Monday, while he was surrounded by supporters in Imperial Stormtrooper and Chewbacca costumes.
One of the first commitments of Vader upon winning will be the construction of a space station to protect Ukraine from territorial claims made by his relations.
A "national program for a bottomless budget" is also to be carried out, and it will be financed by Vader's party.
As a main goal of his political party, Vader has announced the creation of an e-government in Ukraine.
Another point in the program envisages that every 10-year-old child is to receive a computer from the state. Free access to Wi-Fi has also been pointed out as a priority.
Asked how he is planning to fight his opponents, Vader said, "I finished my opponents well back in Episode III".
Convinced that a landslide victory is just two months away, the villain has vowed to return Ukraine to national glory, after months of political turmoil, protests, violence, and uncertainty.
He could however face some challenge by former Prime Minister Yuliya Tymoshenko and businessman Petro Poroshenko, who will have the support of UDAR, the party of former heavyweight boxing champion Vitali Klitschko.
- » Armed Men Reportedly Take Hostages in Northern French Town
- » One Russian Marine Killed During Search for Pilots of Downed Su-24 in Syria
- » NATO Urges Restraint after Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » Turkey to Take ‘All Kinds of Measures’ to Defend Borders, PM Davutoglu Says
- » Russia Protests to Turkey over Downing of Su-24 Warplane
- » Sergei Lavrov Cancels Turkey Visit after Downing of Russian Warplane