Bulgarian Banks Profits On The Rise
In February the profit of Bulgarian banks rose by BGN 77 M and for the first two months of 2014 reached BGN 149 M, shows Central Bank (BNB) data.
This is the third consecutive month with increasing profits. The growth is mostly thanks to lower expenses on bad credits and decreasing interest rates.
According to recent data, in February the interest ratings on saving accounts reached record low levels – for private citizens they are an average of 3.66% per year.
The BNB data shows that there is a slow recovery of company credits, but consumer credits are still sluggish.
In February the corporate credits grew by 1%, to BGN 369 M, the consumer credits decreased by BGN 23 M and mortgages – by BGN 17 M.
- » Ѕtatistics Show Growth in GDP and Final Consuption
- » At the End of June 2017 Currency in Circulation on the Domestic Market Reached BGN 14. 214b
- » Bitcoin Keeps on Breaking Records
- » Statistics Show Growth of Incomes and Spending in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in Bulgaria Reaches 1% Since Beginning of 2017
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria – Up by Nearly 10%