Bulgaria's Customs and Police Seized 1,000 kg Drugs in 2014
Since the beginning of the year, Bulgaria's customs and police officers have seized 1,000 kg drugs, Interior Ministry chief secretary Svetlozar Lazarov announced, Tuesday.
At a special press conference Lazarov explained that the joint efforts of the teams of the Customs office and the National Revenue Agency have already yielded concrete results, BGNES informs.
"The two offices are working together and they can no longer carry out individual checks. External border teams comprise of Border Police officers and the Customs Executive Agency representatives, and the mobile groups are always joined by Interior Ministry officials," Lazarov said.
Among the major operations are those for the confiscation of nearly 1,400 kg contraband sugar, and 1,000 kg meat, BGNES reports.
According to its director Momchil Vasilev, a new drug channel was established through Bulgaria in the past two years, which takes cocaine from South America via Western Africa through Greece and Bulgaria, for Western Europe.
- » Mother Killed her 1-year old Child in Stamboliyski
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Detained a Criminal Group for People Trafficking
- » Two People are in Custody for an Attack of a Man and his Pregnant Girlfriend on Trakia Highway
- » 34 Members of Organized Crime Group were Arrested in Italy
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Found Currency and Gold for BGN 900 000
- » UAE Behind Qatar Hacks