Bulgaria's Agriculture Minstry to Launch Tobacco Producers Register
Bulgaria's Ministry of Agriculture will establish a register of tobacco producers as part of the package of measures to be introduced in the sector.
As of April 1, farmers can submit registration applications in the regional offices of the Agriculture ministry.
Farmers must declare the size of the cultivated land, the amounts of tobacco produced and sold in 2013 and the size of the land on which they plan to grow tobacco in 2014.
Tobacco growers must submit the production and purchase contracts, protocols for the sale of tobacco, as well as inheritance certificate, notarial act, contract of lease for 2013-2014, Standart news reports.
To date, there is no official information on the number of tobacco producers in the country, the size of land under crop, the quantity of produced tobacco by variety and the companies purchasing it.
Registered tobacco growers will not be required to pay taxes, fees and insurance. The register will include all farmers in the tobacco sector and will be updated annually.
- » Bulgaria, Russia to Look into Options for the Future of Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Dips 1.3% Y/Y in May 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Worsens in July – NSI Survey
- » Bulgaria Appoints New Deputy Finance Minister
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
- » Air France Strike to Disrupt Sofia Flights