Bulgaria's Agriculture Minstry to Launch Tobacco Producers Register
Bulgaria's Ministry of Agriculture will establish a register of tobacco producers as part of the package of measures to be introduced in the sector.
As of April 1, farmers can submit registration applications in the regional offices of the Agriculture ministry.
Farmers must declare the size of the cultivated land, the amounts of tobacco produced and sold in 2013 and the size of the land on which they plan to grow tobacco in 2014.
Tobacco growers must submit the production and purchase contracts, protocols for the sale of tobacco, as well as inheritance certificate, notarial act, contract of lease for 2013-2014, Standart news reports.
To date, there is no official information on the number of tobacco producers in the country, the size of land under crop, the quantity of produced tobacco by variety and the companies purchasing it.
Registered tobacco growers will not be required to pay taxes, fees and insurance. The register will include all farmers in the tobacco sector and will be updated annually.
- » Montenegro 'Interested' in South Stream Pipeline - EconMin
- » Bulgarian Farmers’ Association Opposes Annual Cap on EU Subsidies
- » Tourists at Sunny Beach Complain of Tow Truck Blackmail
- » Morocco Seeks Options for Charter Flights to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Risks Losing EU Funding of EUR 45 M for Gas Link with Greece
- » Bulgarian Industrial Assoc. Hints at Negative GDP Growth by end-2014