Gazprom Hikes Ukraine Gas Price By Over 40%
The Russian energy company, Gazprom has raised the price it charges Ukraine for gas by 43.6%.
The company's chief executive Alexei Miller said the change was because Kiev has failed to pay its bills.
He said its current debt to Russia stood at just over USD1.7 B.
Miller said the price of Russian gas for Ukraine has gone up to USD 385.5 per 1,000 cubic metres in the second quarter of 2014 from the previous rate of USD 268.5.
Ukraine's energy price watchdog hiked the gas prices for industry by 30% and for the state budget organisations by 64%.
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US
Europe, please do the following 3 things:
1. DIVERSIFY YOUR GAS SUPPLY
2. DIVERSIFY YOUR GAS SUPPLY
3. DIVERSIFY YOUR GAS SUPPLY
Let's please NOT depend on those monkeys in the East who are intent on destroying peace in Europe in the 21st century.
Some remarks for some "Sturmbann[war]f?hrers":
(1)In 2002 Ukraine signed with Russia the 10-year contract for gaz supplies at US$50 per each 1,000 cubic meters;
(2) In 2008-under the West' pressure, btw - Ukraine [Yuschenko] walked out on the contract;
(3) All the subsequent events are their - Ukraine+The West - joint MERIT.
Another sign of the "eternal slavonic brotherhood" promoted by Putler. Russia sells its gas to Ukraine, Poland, Czech Rep. and Slovakia at prices being 30% higher than those for France, Germany or UK. And what regards Ukraine - they have had a special discount negotiated for 15 years as payment for lease of the Sevastopol navy. Yesterday Russia withdrew the discount because the bases are no more leased - they are conquered!