Bulgaria's Tax Revenue Lower Than Last Year's
The tax revenues in Bulgaria in the first two months of 2014 are by BGN 12 M less, compared to the same period of 2013.
The main reason are the lower VAT revenues and the increased capital, social and health spending. The budget deficit for January and February 2014 is BGN 688 M.
Compared to the same period in 2013, however, the deficit is by BGN 43.8 M smaller.
Bulgaria's fiscal reserve has dropped to BGN 4.2B, which is below the allowed minimum of BGN 4.5 B.
According to the Finance Ministry, the country expects BGN 1.9 B to be restored by the EC for various projects and programs.
- » EIB Lends EUR 500 M To Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Cuts Judiciary Budget Proposal by BGN 80 M
- » Bulgaria's 2015 Draft Budget Includes Minimum Wage Freeze
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan
- » Holders of Guaranteed Deposits in Bulgaria's KTB Number 255 000
- » State Aid to FIB in Line with EU Rules, Commission Says