Bulgarian MPs to Travel the World 270 Times by 2016
Bulgaria's lawmakers will travel a total of 10.8 million km by 2016, according to the official three-year budget prognosis, published on the parliamentary website.
Despite the savings claims, politicians have planned to travel 3.6 million km annually by official and personal vehicles, which in three-year terms equals 270 the circumference of the earth. Deputies will continue to receive the current amount of unaccounted money, which comes up to two thirds of their salaries.
The parliamentary estimates state that these funds are used to pay for employees, consultations, expertise, offices and other activities. They are considered expenses, on which no taxes are imposed, and no invoices are required.
During the period 2015-2017, parliamentary expenses will increase slightly, Darik news reports. The budget prognosis stipulates an improvement in the legislation quality, strengthening the legal capacity of the Parliament administration, and the establishment of an Advisory Council on legislation.
Parliament's state subsidy amounts to BGN 50.813M and the rest of the funds are provided by the institution's own revenues. However, the state budget will increase funding to BGN 53M in 2015 and 2016 due to revenue drop, Darik informs.
- » Bulgarian MPs Reject Proposal to Revoke Sanctions on Russia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Van Carrying 20 Migrants in Montana
- » Bulgarian President to Veto Amendments to Military Intelligence Act
- » New Bulgarian Ombudsman to Swear Oath in Parliament
- » Nationalist Party Proposes Bulgaria to Join Russian-led Coalition Against IS
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 55 Illegal Immigrants, Two Smugglers