Bulgarian ABV Movement Presents Election List for 2014 EP Vote
Bulgarian MEP Ivaylo Kalfin tops the election list of the ABV Movement (Alternative for Bulgarian Revival) for the European Parliament elections on May 25.
The election list, consisting of 17 candidates, was presented Sunday in Veliko Tarnovo by Georgi Parvanov, leader of the ABV Movement and former two-term President and former chair of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
The second place in the election list of the formation is occupied by Miho Mihov, former Chief of General Staff of the Bulgarian Armed Forces, military pilot and former Bulgarian Ambassador to Macedonia.
Third and fourth place go to young representatives of the political formation, Konstantin Prodanov, financier, and Nina Naydenova, economist, respectively.
Rositsa Yanakieva, Mayor of the western town of Pernik, is the fifth name on the election list of the ABV Movement.
Parvanov, as cited by Sega daily, informed that talks were underway with the coalition partners to fill the list. The current coalition partners of the ABV Movement are the Party of Bulgarian Social Democrats, the Party of United Social Democrats, the United Labor Bloc (Bulgaria's laborists),and the Bulgarian Liberal Party.
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President