VLACH SONG AND DANCE FESTIVAL IN VIDIN
Society | August 25, 2001, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The association of Aromanians in Bulgaria organized the 4th International Vlach Song and Dance Festival in Vidin. The two-day event featured over 500 ethnic Vlachs from Yugoslavia, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania and Bulgaria. The largest folk groups arrived from Yugoslavia and Bulgaria. Authentic folklore from areas with predominant Vlach population will be presented on an open-air stage in the waterfront park. The songs and dancers paraded along the town`s central street to thefestival venue. It closed with a round table on the culture and folklore of the Vlachs living in the Balkans. The Romanian Government sponsored the event with 20,000DM. A Romanian delegation, headed by by Doru Ionescu, Secretary of State and the Ministry of Public Information, and Romanian Consul Victor Bojin arrived for the event.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Mother and a Daughter were Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Extensive Guide for Upcoming Films in 2018 We are Excited About
- » Seamstresses from Dupnitsa Protest Because of Unpaid Wages
- » Precipitation to Continue in most of Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from -1°C to 4°C
- » 9 People were Injured in a Minibus and Tram Accident in Sofia
- » The People on the Road Between Shipka and Buzludja who were in Trouble are Saved
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)