Bulgarians Busted for Credit Card Fraud in USA
Sixteen Bulgarians have been arrested during a special FBI operation in the United States for money laundering and credit card fraud worth millions of dollars.
Around 30 people were arrested in Chicago and its suburbs as a part of a special operation to crack down on an organized crime group, the Bulgarian International Television (BIT) reported, cited by Dir.bg.
Many of the arrested Bulgarians are with previous criminal records. Two of those arrested have been captured on the territory of Bulgaria, Mediapool revealed.
The FBI has reportedly been following the group in the past 3-4 years in collaboration with the Bulgarian Prosecution and the Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS). They have intercepted a number of phone calls between its members.
An official press conference on the case is due. Charges will be pressed in the coming days.
According to US Federal law, each person found guilty could face 10-20 years in jail for each transaction made.
- » Thousands of Britons have Bought Fake Diplomas
- » Arrested Doctor Worked Under the Influence of Alcohol
- » California Horror Story: Thirteen Brothers and Sisters were Found Chained by their Parents in a House
- » Serbian Political Leader In Northern Kosovo Shot Dead
- » Nearly 30 Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » 15 were Injured in a Russian School after an Assault by Masked Men