Spanish Flamenco Guitarist Paco De Lucia Dies, Aged 66
Famous flamenco guitar player Paco de Lucia died in Mexico at the age of 66, according to reports of the mayor's office in Algeciras, Southern Spain.
According to preliminary reports, he suffered a heart attack at a beach near his home.
The local authorities in Algeciras have declared two days of official mourning.
De Lucia, born Francisco Sanchez Gomez in Algeciras on December 21, 1947, won a number of awards and prizes, including a Gold Medal for Merit in Fine Arts in 1992 and the Prince of Asturias Awards in Arts and in 2010. In 2010, he was awarded an honorary doctorate by Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Some of his best known recordings include "Entre dos aguas", "La Barrosa", " and "Gloria al Ni?o Ricardo".
- » The Actress Dafina Katsarska is One of the Two Women Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44