Soviet Army Monument in Sofia Painted in Ukraine Colors
The Soviet Army Monument in the Bulgarian capital Sofia was painted in solidarity with Ukraine.
A Ukrainian flag was drawn on the front fa?ade of the monument, with the message "Glory to Ukraine" written underneath in Ukrainian.
One of the soldier figures in the lower part of the monument was also colored in blue and yellow. Obscene words in reference to the Russian President Vladimir Putin were also written in graffiti.
February 23rd is the Day of the Fatherland Defender in Russia. Traditionally, diplomats from the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria visit the monument on this day to pay tribute to the soldiers killed in battle.
This is the 3rd time when the monument has been painted by unknown perpetrators. On a previous occasion, the act stirred outrage from the Russian Embassy in Sofia.
- » Avalanche Buried 10 Climbers on Mongolian Peak Odon Tanger
- » Winter Road Maintenance Begins from November 1
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Taxi Crashed into the Car of the Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » 40% of the Places in the Higher Education Institutions in Bulgaria Remain Vacant
That disgusting statue needs to be moved in front of KAT in the Museum of Communism and Totalitarianism. DISGUSTING that we still have a statue that commemorates savagery and oppression welcoming people as they enter the center of Sofia.
Hope they continue desecrating it until it becomes a joke ;-)
This is a disgraceful embarresment to Bulgaria.
The Red Army fought so well to beat Facist Germany, monuments to their bravery and to so many of their lives that were sacrificed should not be desecrated.
Only Facist scum would do this, I hope the Police catch them and they get long jail sentenances.
35,000 Bulgarians died fighting alongside the Russian Army against Facist Germany.