Ukrainian Protesters Block Border with Poland
Ukrainians have blocked the road at the border crossing with Poland on Wednesday afternoon.
About 200 protesters have reportedly gathered at the Ukrainian side of the border that leads to the Polish village of Korczowa, declaring themselves as part of the demonstrations that are once more shaking the country, Der Spiegel magazine reports.
With renewed unrest on the streets of Kiev and now other Ukrainian cities, the EU and the US are considering financial sanctions against the political leadership.
European officials, however, have not ruled out the idea of also taking measures against protesters.
European Council President Herman Van Rompuy and French president Francois Holland have also expressed their approval of possible sanctions over the last few hours.
In Kiev, the death toll of the past day's violence has meanwhile reportedly risen to 26.
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US