CPC: Sofia Heating Utility Is Abusing Its Dominant Position
The Sofia heating company Toplofikatsiya Sofia is abusing its dominant market position, ruled Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC).
The investigation was launched after a referral from the Supreme Administrative Prosecution for possible violation of the anti-monopoly law by the heating utility and the heat cost allocation companies.
According to CPC the abuse of dominant position may limit or violate the competition at the heat cost allocation market and affect the consumers.
The Commission's analysis shows that Toplofikatsiya Sofia, as the sole provider of central heating in Sofia, is setting a fixed price for all heat cost allocation companies thus eliminating price competition among them. This, according to the CPC, is also damaging the consumers.
Toplofikatsiya Sofia can contest the CPC decision within 30 days.
- » Gazprom will Build a $ 20 Billion Plant near the Baltic Sea
- » No Expectations of Increase in Fuel Prices in the summer season
- » The Kremlin: Turkish Stream will be Operational by December 30, 2019
- » Bahrain Makes Largest Oil Discovery in its History
- » The Price of Natural Gas Rises by 2.6% from April 1
- » Energy Operator for Central and Southeast Bulgaria EVN Wants a 7% Increase in Electricity Prices