Mihaylov Reelected as Bulgarian Football Union President
Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihayov was expectedly reelected at the Union’s congress on Friday.
A total of 461 BFU delegates voted in favor of Mihaylov’s reelection, while 26 voted against. Six of the ballots were declared invalid.
“Thank you for the trust; you have elected me for the third time now. I hope to justify your trust,” Mihaylov said.
The former national team goalkeeper, who was part of Bulgaria's famous 1994 World Cup bronze medal team, assumed the position in 2005, taking over from Ivan Slavkov.
Over the years, Mihaylov was often under fire for the poor performances of the national team, the dismal condition of football stadiums and training bases, as well as controversial refereeing and failure to combat match fixing.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats David Goffin, Reaches US Open 4th Round
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets To Face Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bazel
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scores US Open 1st Round Win against American Ryan Harrison
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed