Bulgarian Universities Granted BGN 21 M More in State Subsidy
Bulgarian colleges and universities will receive an additional state subsidy of BGN 21.5 M, according to Education Minister, Aneliya Klisarova.
The decree has been approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers Wednesday.
The portion of the subsidy for each of a total of 33 schools will be bound with the quality of education it provides, according to Klisarova.
Sofia University will get BGN 3.2 M, the Medical University and the Technical University in Sofia – BGN 3 M each, the University for Architecture, Construction and Urban Planning – BGN 1.35 M, the Sports Academy and the University for National and World Economy – over BGN 0.5 M each.
The government has further approved and issued BGN 40 M in state guarantees for student loans, which are currently granted by 4 banks, while the interest rate will not exceed 7%, Klisarova said.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK