More Bulgarians Use Card Payment Methods
More Bulgarians are willing to use POS terminals and tend not to pay cash.
In 2013, the purchases made by debit or credit card increased by 20% and the average amount was BGN 70 per month.
Consumers tend to be more willing to use a POS terminal for small purchases of BGN 2-3 as well, Nova TV reports.
Traditionally, more card payments are made during the holidays. Therefore, the transactions via POS terminals increased by 40% in December.
According to bankers, the future is in the contactless payments which save time otherwise spent in lines at stores
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017
- » Inflation in Bulgaria for February 2018 is 0.3%
- » In 2017 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 10.8% in Comparison with 2016
- » Bulgarian Exports to Third Countries Decreased by 16.3%
- » EU Women Earn 16 % Less than Men: Eurostat
- » GDP for 2017 Increased by 3.6 per 100 Compared to 2016