Bulgarian MEP: Compulsory Voting Will Eliminate Vote Buying
The introduction of compulsory voting will eliminate the practice of vote buying and will minimize its negative impact, according to Bulgarian MEP Andrey Kovachev.
Kovachev, MEP from the European People's Party (EPP) nominated by center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), met with representatives of the Youth GERB group in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
He argued that electronic voting and the launch of e-government were tools for fighting corruption in Bulgaria.
The meeting included discussions on the topics of job opportunities and professional fulfillment for young people in Bulgaria and expectations for the 2014-2020 programming period, according to reports of the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Approves 3 New Appointments
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Transport Minister Changes Port Burgas CEO
- » Bulgaria Should Prepare for Refugee Influx– Deputy Watchdog Chair
- » Bulgarian ex-Tsar to Appeal Tsarska Bistritsa Ruling
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Tsarska Bistritsa Declared State Property
- » Caretaker Minister Changes Bulgarian Posts, Railways Chiefs