2 Killed in Shooting, Stabbing Attack at Frankfurt Court
Two men have been killed on Friday morning in a shooting and stabbing attack at a Frankfurt court complex, according to local police.
The incident happened at about 8:45 am at the state court in Germany's financial capital.
The two victims were reportedly car dealers aged 50 and 45, who were on trial accused of murder and two attempted murders.
The suspected attacker fled the scene on foot but was arrested nearby.
A police statement said the suspect was a 47-year-old Afghan national and lived in Eschborn, a town near Frankfurt.
The court was sealed off by the police as a murder investigation began.
There was no immediate word on any possible motive.
- » Gazprom Set to Transport Over 47 B Cubic Meters of Gas Through Greece
- » UNHCR Demonstrates Concern Following 1300 Migrant Deaths in April
- » 40 Armed Men Storm Police Station in Macedonia, Take 4 Officers Hostage
- » Andrus Ansip: EU Has to Pay Attention on Life-Long Learning
- » Turkey to Commemorate Armenian Victims of Ottoman Killings
- » Egypt's Ousted President Morsi Jailed for 20 years