2 Killed in Shooting, Stabbing Attack at Frankfurt Court
Two men have been killed on Friday morning in a shooting and stabbing attack at a Frankfurt court complex, according to local police.
The incident happened at about 8:45 am at the state court in Germany's financial capital.
The two victims were reportedly car dealers aged 50 and 45, who were on trial accused of murder and two attempted murders.
The suspected attacker fled the scene on foot but was arrested nearby.
A police statement said the suspect was a 47-year-old Afghan national and lived in Eschborn, a town near Frankfurt.
The court was sealed off by the police as a murder investigation began.
There was no immediate word on any possible motive.
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule