2 Killed in Shooting, Stabbing Attack at Frankfurt Court
Two men have been killed on Friday morning in a shooting and stabbing attack at a Frankfurt court complex, according to local police.
The incident happened at about 8:45 am at the state court in Germany's financial capital.
The two victims were reportedly car dealers aged 50 and 45, who were on trial accused of murder and two attempted murders.
The suspected attacker fled the scene on foot but was arrested nearby.
A police statement said the suspect was a 47-year-old Afghan national and lived in Eschborn, a town near Frankfurt.
The court was sealed off by the police as a murder investigation began.
There was no immediate word on any possible motive.
- » EU Commission President Says Schengen Is “Partly Comatose”
- » Germany Promises Further Assistance to France in Fight Against Terrorism
- » Surviving Pilot Says Turkey Issued No Warning Before Shooting down Russian Warplane
- » IS Group Claims Responsibility for Tunis Blast
- » ECB Puts New EUR 20 Note into Circulation
- » Turkey President: No Escalation Wanted after Russian Plane Downing