2 Killed in Shooting, Stabbing Attack at Frankfurt Court
Two men have been killed on Friday morning in a shooting and stabbing attack at a Frankfurt court complex, according to local police.
The incident happened at about 8:45 am at the state court in Germany's financial capital.
The two victims were reportedly car dealers aged 50 and 45, who were on trial accused of murder and two attempted murders.
The suspected attacker fled the scene on foot but was arrested nearby.
A police statement said the suspect was a 47-year-old Afghan national and lived in Eschborn, a town near Frankfurt.
The court was sealed off by the police as a murder investigation began.
There was no immediate word on any possible motive.
- » Switzerland Imposes Measures to Battle Increased Ozone Levels
- » Clashes between Protesters and Police Raise Turmoil in Athens
- » Berlin Allegedly Would Save EUR 1 B Following Athens Crisis
- » Tsipras Calls on Greeks to Reject Proposals of Creditors in Sunday Referendum
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia to Discuss Launching Joint Tourism Packages
- » EUObserver: Bulgarian Lev Makes Inroads in Greece