Ariel Sharon Laid to Rest at Family Ranch
Israel held the burial service of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at his family ranch in the Negev desert on Monday.
Amid final prayers, Sharon's coffin was placed in a plot at the Sycamore ranch he owned near Sderot, close to Gaza, the BBC informs.
Eight military generals carried Sharon's coffin to the grave alongside that of his second wife, as a Jewish cantor intoned a traditional prayer for the dead.
The ceremony attracted thousands of mourners from across the political spectrum.
Sharon, regarded by many Israelis as a great statesmen but widely loathed in the Arab world, died on Saturday aged 85 after eight years in a coma.
- » The MEPs Saved the Döner Kebabs
- » In Greece, Refugees Moved from the Islands to the Mainland
- » Protests in Argentina Against Globalization
- » Kim Jong-un: I will Make North Korea the Most Powerful Nuclear and Military State in the World
- » Kurz Close to Forming New Austrian Right-Wing Government
- » Beijing Made Serious Warning Against a US Military Presence in Taiwan