Bulgarian Students Youngest Dropouts in EU
Bulgaria holds the lowest average age for dropping out of school in all of the EU, at 14.3 years.
The latest study of the sociological agency Mediana was presented by its director Kolio Kolev at a press conference.
"Also, Bulgaria ranks 9th in the EU in the number of students falling out of school before completing their secondary education", revealed Kolev, cited by the daily 24Chasa.
According to Kolev, one of the reasons for this is the labour market, which is failing to live up to the expectations of the graduates. Thus, many are demotivated to pursue their education until the end.
As many as 91% of those surveyed believe that secondary education should provide a professional qualification.
The percentage of high school seniors who are also working at the same time is rather high, at 19%.
- » Sofia University will Аccept Students in the Specialty "Medicine"
- » Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski is Ranked 855th in the World by URAP
- » A Bomb in a Backpack was Disarmed during a Teaching in Burgas School
- » Bulgarian Students from 1st to 7th Grade will have Access to Electronically Readable Textbooks
- » 40% of Bulgaria's Teachers Will Reach Retirement in 8 years
- » In Eight Years, Almost Half of the Teachers will be Retired