Bulgarian Students Youngest Dropouts in EU
Bulgaria holds the lowest average age for dropping out of school in all of the EU, at 14.3 years.
The latest study of the sociological agency Mediana was presented by its director Kolio Kolev at a press conference.
"Also, Bulgaria ranks 9th in the EU in the number of students falling out of school before completing their secondary education", revealed Kolev, cited by the daily 24Chasa.
According to Kolev, one of the reasons for this is the labour market, which is failing to live up to the expectations of the graduates. Thus, many are demotivated to pursue their education until the end.
As many as 91% of those surveyed believe that secondary education should provide a professional qualification.
The percentage of high school seniors who are also working at the same time is rather high, at 19%.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK