Thracian Gold Returns to Sofia's History Museum
Sofia's National History Museum, NIM will showcase the Thracian gold treasures in its exhibition "Legends Come to Life".
Until recently, the Thracian gold was being exhibited at the State History Museum in Moscow.
The golden ornaments and household items tell a lot about the culture of the ancient Thracians.
The exhibition can be viewed starting December 22, with the first two days being free of charge. After several months, the gold will leave Bulgaria once again, to be showcased abroad.
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It
- » Archaeologists Have Discovered a Unique Statue of the Goddess Isis
- » Ancient Thracian Warrior’s Grave Containing Gold Plated Beads Found near Bulgaria’s Black Sea Town Primorsko
- » Bulgaria has Presented the Episcopal Basilica of Philippopolis and the Antiquity Mosaics to UNESCO