Bulgarian Govt Hands Out Christmas Bonuses
The Bulgarian government assumed the role of Santa Claus, paying out over BGN 22 M in the days before Christmas.
The Social Ministry will receive BGN 12 M out of the Budget gift bag. The rest of the funds will be distributed among Bulgarian Posts, the Council of Ministers, as well as for the access to public TV broadcast in places where there is insufficient DTT coverage.
The Social Ministry will use the funds to settle due allowances and benefits for the handicapped, for heating and medical examinations for those in the lowest income bracket.
The Bulgarian Posts will receive BGN 1 M as a partial compensation for the unjust financial burden of carrying the standard postal service in the Postal Services Act of 2011. The compensations amount to BGN 12.548 M and so far BGN 8.5 M have been paid.
A total of BGN 600 000 will be distributed among 84 municipalities in 24 districts to ensure access to public TV broadcast to those who cannot afford paid TV services.
The city of Varna will be granted BGN 500 000 for the renovation of the City Palace of Culture and Sports.
Another government decree provides additional BGN 9.1 M which will go to the co-financing of operational programs as well as to the 28th Air Detachment – the government aircraft.
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017
- » Inflation in Bulgaria for February 2018 is 0.3%
- » In 2017 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 10.8% in Comparison with 2016
- » Bulgarian Exports to Third Countries Decreased by 16.3%
- » EU Women Earn 16 % Less than Men: Eurostat