Bulgarian Govt Hands Out Christmas Bonuses
The Bulgarian government assumed the role of Santa Claus, paying out over BGN 22 M in the days before Christmas.
The Social Ministry will receive BGN 12 M out of the Budget gift bag. The rest of the funds will be distributed among Bulgarian Posts, the Council of Ministers, as well as for the access to public TV broadcast in places where there is insufficient DTT coverage.
The Social Ministry will use the funds to settle due allowances and benefits for the handicapped, for heating and medical examinations for those in the lowest income bracket.
The Bulgarian Posts will receive BGN 1 M as a partial compensation for the unjust financial burden of carrying the standard postal service in the Postal Services Act of 2011. The compensations amount to BGN 12.548 M and so far BGN 8.5 M have been paid.
A total of BGN 600 000 will be distributed among 84 municipalities in 24 districts to ensure access to public TV broadcast to those who cannot afford paid TV services.
The city of Varna will be granted BGN 500 000 for the renovation of the City Palace of Culture and Sports.
Another government decree provides additional BGN 9.1 M which will go to the co-financing of operational programs as well as to the 28th Air Detachment – the government aircraft.
- » NSI: Monthly Inflation in November at 0.4%
- » World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019
- » Municipality, Part of the Metropolitan Area in Venezuela Introduced its Own Currency
- » In the Period January - October 2017 Bulgarian Exports to 3rd Countries Increased by 15.9%
- » Daily Mail: Bulgaria has Enough Bitcoins to Pay off FIFTH of National Debt
- » The Bulgarian Government Holds More Than $ 3 Billion in Bitcoin